Monday, March 3, 2008

The Work Still Holds Meaning

This blog is helping me to write. Who would have thought? And the instantaneous quality of having what I write "published" on this blog intrigues and drives the writing.

Tonight I posted photos from my trip to New Orleans when I had the opportunity to accompany students over spring break to assist with gutting and repairing houses. One year later, and the work still holds meaning. Only eleven Cascadia students were able to attend and several who missed out ask if we're going back. Next week I'll meet with the service learning coordinator at Everett Community College to plan ways to keep this work going. Our students benefit as much as the people they assist in the Gulf Coast.

For now, please share with me your responses and I'll write back in my daily blog.

No comments: